Duration: 1 Day
This course is intended for those who are required to manually operate power operated points which have failed or have been disconnected. A Points Operator works to the instructions of a Signaller or Route Setting Agent, according to the complexity of the failure.
At the end of this course the delegates will be able to: –
- Demonstrate their ability to interpret relevant sections of the Rule Book/Handbook
- Demonstrate their understanding and ability to manually operate failed power points motors in line with relevant rules and regulations
One Day, including the assessment process.
Delegates MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P.T.S. certificate endorsed with either IWA or COSS Competence must be presented to the trainer at the start of each event
- Personal Track Safety Handbook
- A Rule Book must be brought to the event by each delegate
Personal Protective Equipment
A high visibility vest, outdoor clothing and safety footwear is required on this event
On successful completion of this training, a certificate will be issued which will be valid for 2 years. Delegates must attend re-certification training every 2 years to maintain their competence certification.